What personal information do we collect?
Personal information is information that can be used to identify, locate, or contact an individual. It also includes other information that may be associated with personal information. We collect the following types of personal information:
- Contact information that allows us to communicate with you, such as your name, postal addresses, email addresses, social media website user account names, or other addresses at which you receive communications from or on behalf of FanPrint.
- Relationship information that helps us to understand who you are and what types of products you might like. This might include lifestyle information; location information related to your state/province, city, or neighborhood; areas of interest; the types of products that interest you; information collected from social media interactions (such as via Facebook Connect and Twitter); demographic information (e.g., birth date, age, gender); and information about persons for whom you have purchased products as gifts or who have bought products as gifts for you.
- Transaction information about how you interact with FanPrint, such as the products you view, purchase and share via social media interactions; other information about how you use our website, email, other communications, and applications; and how you interact with FanPrint business partners and service providers.
- Financial account information as needed to process payments for products that you buy, such as your credit or debit card number, expiration date, and card verification number.
How do we collect this information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, purchase products, fill out forms, or otherwise interact with, contact, or use the FanPrint website or mobile application(s). For example, we may track the products you view, purchase, or share via social media, and the comments you make to our social media pages or accounts.
We also collect information if you contact us via telephone, email, text, postal mail, social media interaction, or other methods of communication, such as for customer support purposes.
We collect information that you provide us about other people when you purchase products as gifts, including those persons’ contact information and relationship information. We create transaction records of your gift to those persons.
If you use a social media platform or your mobile device (or other method of communication) to interact with FanPrint, the application may have a specific privacy statement that governs the use of personal information related to that application. For example, if you use a FanPrint mobile application and your mobile device’s settings allow it, we may collect mobile location information from your device. Our application may be designed to collect information even if you are not logged into the application or our website. If you have questions about the security and privacy settings of your mobile device, please refer to instructions from your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings.
We may receive additional personal information from third parties. We may use this personal information to enhance other information we have about you to help us better understand you and to otherwise enhance our website and services.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience. Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve our website. We continually strive to improve our website and product offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To provide customer service. Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To facilitate orders for products, including their purchase and shipping.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To communicate with you and to send periodic notifications, including products of interest to you, information about website updates and improvements, marketing materials and advertisements, and reminders and technical notices.
- To track the purchase of products and perform other analytics.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We use extreme caution in our handling of credit cards. Credit card data is transmitted to us via SSL. The data is immediately relayed to our payment gateway and then discarded. Credit card data is never stored in our database (not even temporarily) and it exists in memory on our server for only a fraction of a second before it is discarded. As a convenience to you, we do store the last four digits of a credit card and the expiration month and date so that you may select a credit card to use at checkout.
When you use our website, we collect certain information by automated or electronic means, using technologies such as cookies, pixel tags and web beacons, browser analysis tools, and web server logs. As you use our websites and applications, your browser and devices communicate with servers operated by us, our business partners and services providers to coordinate and record the interactivity and fill your requests for services and information.
The information from cookies and related technology is stored in web server logs and also in web cookies kept on your computers or mobile devices, which are then transmitted back to our website by your computers or mobile devices. These servers are operated and the cookies managed by us, our business partners or our service providers.
For example, when you visit our website, FanPrint and our service providers may place cookies on your computers or mobile devices. Cookies allow us to recognize you when you return, and track and target your interests in order to provide a customized experience. They also help us provide a customized experience and help us to detect certain kinds of fraud. A “cookie” is a small amount of information that a web server sends to your browser that stores information about your account, your preferences, and your use of our website. Some cookies contain serial numbers that allow us to connect your website activity with other information we store about you in your profile or as related to your interactions with FanPrint.
Some cookies are temporary, whereas others may be configured to last longer. “Session” cookies are temporary cookies used for various reasons, such as to manage page views. Your browser usually erases session cookies once you exit your browser. “Persistent” cookies are more permanent cookies that are stored on your computers or mobile devices even beyond when you exit your browser. We use persistent cookies for a number of purposes, such as retrieving certain information you have previously provided (such as your log-in information), and storing your preferences (e.g., your shipping address).
Pixel tags and web beacons are tiny graphic images placed on website pages or in our emails that allow us to determine whether you have performed specific actions. When you access these pages or open email messages, the pixel tags and web beacons generate a notice of that action to us, or our service providers. These tools allow us to measure response to our communications and improve our web pages and promotions.
We collect many different types of information from cookies and other technologies. For example, we may collect information from the devices you use to access our website, your operating system type or mobile device model, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone of your device. Browsers routinely send these types of information to web servers. Our server logs also record the Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses of the devices you use to interact with our website. An IP address is a unique identifier that devices use to identify and communicate with each other on the Internet. We may also collect information about the website you were visiting before you came to our website and the website you visit after you leave our website, if this information is supplied to us by your browser.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We will not disclose your personal information to third parties except to:
- Our service providers that provide services for us such as sending emails on our behalf and processing payments. Our service providers are bound by law or contract to protect personal information and are only allowed to use personal information in accordance with the terms of our service agreements with them.
- FanPrint business partners or advertisers, as part of a product, contest, or other activity that is provided by or in conjunction with FanPrint and its business partners and in which you have elected to participate. For example, if you are referred to FanPrint from a business partner's website or through an invitation facilitated by or in conjunction with a FanPrint business partner, we may provide that business partner with contact information and transactional information to validate the referral and to support the terms of the relationship between FanPrint and the business partner.
- Effect a merger, acquisition, or otherwise; to support the sale or transfer of business assets; to enforce our rights or protect our property; to protect the rights, property or safety of others, investigate fraud, respond to a government request; or as needed to support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions. We may also disclose personal information to defend ourselves in litigation or a regulatory action, and when required or advised to do so by law, such as in response to a subpoena, or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts in the United States and other countries where we operate. If FanPrint is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
We may also disclose information about you that is not personally identifiable. For example, we may provide our business partners or other third parties with reports that contain aggregated and statistical data about our users.
We encourage FanPrint business partners to adopt and post privacy policies. However, the use of your personal information by such parties is governed by the privacy policies of such parties and is not subject to our control.
We think that you benefit from a more personalized experience when we know more about you and the kinds of products you like. However, you can limit the information you provide to FanPrint, and you can limit the communications that FanPrint sends to you.
You can manage and update your contact and other preferences by logging into your “Account Settings” through our website. You may manage how your browser handles cookies and related technologies by adjusting its privacy and security settings. You may manage how your mobile device and mobile browser handle cookies and related technologies by adjusting your mobile device privacy and security settings. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or you can adjust your preferences in your Account Settings.
You may also manage the sharing of certain personal information with us when you connect with us through a social media platform or application, such as through Facebook Connect or Twitter. Please refer to the privacy settings of the social media website or application to determine how you may adjust our permissions and manage the interactivity between FanPrint and your social media account or your mobile device.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services and to maintain a record of your transactions for financial reporting purposes. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services, contact us here. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Notice to Residents of Countries outside the United States of America
Facebook and Twitter
If you are not currently registered as a FanPrint user and you use our website’s Social Media Service connection functions, you will first be asked to enter your Social Media Service credentials and then be given the option to register and join FanPrint. Once you register with FanPrint and connect with a Social Media Service, you will be able to automatically post recent FanPrint activity to your Social Media Service account. Please refer to the privacy settings in your Social Media Service account to manage the performance of your Social Media Service account.
California Privacy Rights
Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California can obtain certain information about the types of personal information that companies with whom they have an established business relationship have shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. In particular, the law provides that companies must inform consumers about the categories of personal information that have been shared with third parties, the names and addresses of those third parties, and examples of the types of services or products marketed by those third parties. To request a copy of the information disclosure provided by FanPrint pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, please contact us via email or by writing us at the contact address below. Please allow 30 days for a response.
Attention: Privacy Office
2700 Fairmount St.
Dallas, Texas 75201